Friday, April 10, 2009

braidout looking better



This a 5 day old braid out. I don't really take good pics but my 20 month old locks look really good in person. I did what dewdrop suggested with the alcohol free aloe vera gel. My locks came out shiny and pretty. I was real pleased. I must thank Brunsli for the advise of not coloring. I like the way she put it that I would be on the bottle forever. I am trying like the gray hair around the edges but that has not happened. yet. I get the most wonderful compliments on my locks some don't know what they are but think they are pretty.


I have never been a person who wanted long hair. This could be due to the fact when I was little getting my hair washed, braided and combed out and pressed sometime a little damp. This caused me to cut my pony tails off at age 12 yes I got a beating but it did not matter.


This journey has been good for me because I always permed my hair & colored it. I am very pleased with the freedom and no stress about looking my best with my hair.

2 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

Hi, I'm in the same boat - resisting coloring my locs. I'm waiting patiently for the grey to look glorious like other gorgeous women with grey hair.

Spicylocks said...

Your locks look great. Brunsli does have a point about coloring. Once you start it's hard to stop.